Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

MY SECRET ENERGY DRINK ;)

Here is a great tasting recipe that I make and drink in the mornings before work and especially before long runs. I believe it helps me with endurance and keeps me from cramping up during long runs.
Try it, let me know what you think.

  • 11 Oz pure coconut water
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1 T Maca (herb from health food store)
  • 1 T Bee Pollen
  • 1 T freshly ground flax seed
  • 1 banana
Blend with blender and enjoy.
Just a little note - sometimes when I run out of coconut water I use soy milk for my morning protein shakes. But if I'm doing a long run, I always use coconut water! Also, fill your fuel belt with just pure coconut water instead of sports drinks - It works great and taste much better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment