Quite often, when someone finds out that I run, I am asked 'Why? Why would anyone want to do that?'. To which my response has always been, 'If I have to explain it to you then you still would not get it.' Truth is, there are many, many reasons I run. I discover more reasons just about every time I run. So for those who want to know the answer to that question, here are just a few of those reasons.I run because :
- It is a challenge and I love to conquer a challenge.
- With each rhythmic foot step, I relieve stress and solve problems.
- I feel so ALIVE when I have accomplished a run.
- It has provided me a special time to spend with my friends and has enriched a particularly special and dear friendship.
- When I run alone, I have awesome prayer time.
- I have always hoped that somehow, through my running, I could inspire others to reach for their dreams. After all, if I could do it, anyone could.
I can't even begin to describe how those words from my children touched me - so I won't even try.
And that, my friends, are some of the reasons why I run.