Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

SECRET ENERGY DRINK #2: BLUEBERRY & STRAWBERRY GREEN TEA


This is a great recipe to make at the beginning of the week and enjoy all week long. I usually put this drink in my BPA free camelback water container and carry it with me where ever I go.  It is chock full of wonderful, healthy antioxidants.


    1 Gallon container
    12-15 organic green tea bags regular size
    1 Cup fresh or frozen organic blueberries
    1 Cup fresh or frozen organic strawberries
    1 organic lemon
Bring approx 1/2 pint of water in a sauce pan to a rolling boil. Remove from stove and add tea bags. Let steep for 7 to 12 minutes. While tea is steeping, add blueberries and strawberries to blender. Add just enough water and liquefy. Pour liquefied berries into a gallon container.  Strain tea bags and add tea to gallon container and fill with water. Stir. Cut 1 lemon in half  squeeze into tea and add whole lemon to container. Let set overnight to enhance the berry flavor.Drink all day and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this sounds like such a great tea. I have always been a fan of green tea, but on its own it does taste quite bland. I am definitely gonna try this cause I love berries and with green tea, sounds like the perfect healthy drink.

    ReplyDelete